Consejería de Agricultura y Medio Ambiente, Comunidad Autónoma of Murcia, Spain
Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena
Two main objectives:
* Analysis of the structure and dynamics of plant communities
* Description of soil characteristics and edaphic gradients for each plant community.
The specific objectives were:
* Identification and characterization of environmental units, in order to diagnose the state of conservation, quality and fragility of environmental resources, mainly soil, flora and plant communities.
* To study the structure and dynamics of the pine wood forest, analyzing its foreseeable evolution and establishing the potential situation to be reached, identifying and planning the actions to be developed.
* To elaborate management guidelines and to plann the necessary works to be developed for the restoration and conservation of the dune ecosystem.
Álvarez-Rogel, J.; Carrasco, L.; Marín, C. M.; Martínez-Sánchez, J. J. 2007. Soils of a dune coastal salt marsh system in relation to groundwater level, micro-topography and vegetation under a semiarid Mediterranean climate in SE Spain Catena 69, 111-121.
Álvarez Rogel; Martínez Sánchez; Carrasco Blázquez and Marín Semitiel. 2006. A Conceptual Model of Salt Marsh Plant Distribution in Coastal Dunes of Southeastern Spain. Wetlands. Vol. 26, Nº 3 , 703-717.